The BBC is reporting that the Conservatives and Ulster Unionist Party have agreed on nine of their joint candidates for the general election, still being touted as 6th May.
This will get things moving as they ready for a General Election. however a minor headache would be if the rumours of an Assembly election in May were true. This would come about if the wheels fell off the Hillsborough wagon (which they may yet)
The ominous number of the first swathe of candidates (i love Lord of the Rings) are
- Mike Nesbitt (Strangford)
- Daphne Trimble (Lagan Valley)
- Danny Kennedy MLA (Newry & Armagh)
- John McAlister MLA (South Down)
- Harry Hamilton (Upper Bann)
- Sandra Overend (Mid Ulster)
- Ross Hussey (West Tyrone)
- Bill Manwaring (West Belfast)
- Trevor Ringland (East Belfast)
Nine more are to come. This should be interesting.