Well, one half of the UCUNF team have been assembled with the UUP releasing their list of 17 nominees seeking to become UCUNF candidates for the forthcoming election.
- North Antrim Robin Swann;
- South Antrim Adrian Watson;
- East Antrim Rodney McCune;
- North Belfast Fred Cobain;
- West Belfast Bill Manwaring;
- South Belfast Paula Bradshaw;
- East Belfast Trevor Ringland;
- Strangford Mike Nesbitt;
- South Down John McAllister;
- Lagan Valley Daphne Trimble;
- Upper Bann Harry Hamilton;
- Newry and Armagh Danny Kennedy;
- Fermanagh and South Tyrone Tom Elliot;
- Mid Ulster Sandra Overend;
- West Tyrone Ross Hussey;
- Foyle David Harding;
- East Londonderry Lesley McAuley.
The DUP are in diffs at the moment, but I think they will keep a large number of their MPs seats. I think the UCUNF project could potentially pick up 3 seats. The SDLP have a good chance of retaining their 3 seats, though what happens in South Belfast will be a deciding factor in the retention of the third seat. Sinn Fein will hold on to their seats, but their performance will be closely watched.